About Face Theatre is Chicago’s award winning LGBTQIA equity theatre company. We create exceptional, innovative, and adventurous theatre and educational programming that advances the national dialogue on sexual and gender identity, and challenges and entertains audiences in Chicago and beyond.Every year, we produce a mainstage season of equity plays, a world premiere from our Youth Theatre, a touring show with the Outreach cast, and a handful of play readings.
Our organizational structure includes three full-time and four part-time staff members and a dedicated cohort of interns. Our internship program provides professional development and growth opportunities for individuals to work closely with AFT staff in each of our departments. Each internship is structured to provide mentorship and an increasing set of responsibilities to help prepare young artists and administrators for meaningful careers in the arts. About Face Theatre is a dynamic and proactive learning environment, substantial resume-building responsibilities, and networking opportunities in Chicago’s bustling theatre industry.
The Communications Intern is supervised by the Marketing Coordinator and works closely with the Artistic Director. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Marketing Coordinator with the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan for upcoming productions, special events, community outreach and educational programming;
- Drafting and editing content for AFT’s website and social media platforms;
- Collaborating with Development and Marketing on interdepartmental projects;
- Updating and following an messaging calendar that encompasses all content related to the website, e-newsletters and social media channels;
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of marketing materials and press releases;
- Organizing and maintaining press clippings and marketing material archives;
- Attending About Face Theatre special events and assisting as needed;
- Helping with office-wide projects;
- Working on other projects as assigned.
Ideal applicants will be familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and will have skills in messaging on each, excellent communication and organizational skills. Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus. Scheduling can be tailored to fit academic and/or performing schedules.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com