About Face Theatre is Chicago’s award winning LGBTQIA equity theatre company. We create exceptional, innovative, and adventurous theatre and educational programming that advances the national dialogue on sexual and gender identity, and challenges and entertains audiences in Chicago and beyond.Every year, we produce a mainstage season of equity plays, a world premiere from our Youth Theatre, a touring show with the Outreach cast, and a handful of play readings.
Our organizational structure includes three full-time and four part-time staff members and a dedicated cohort of interns. Our internship program provides professional development and growth opportunities for individuals to work closely with AFT staff in each of our departments. Each internship is structured to provide mentorship and an increasing set of responsibilities to help prepare young artists and administrators for meaningful careers in the arts. About Face Theatre is a dynamic and proactive learning environment, substantial resume-building responsibilities, and networking opportunities in Chicago’s bustling theatre industry.
The Development Intern is supervised by the Director of Institutional Giving and the Director of Individual and Major Giving & Special Events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with and planning all fundraising benefits and special events, including collaboration with volunteer committees
- Retrieving, organizing and researching donor/prospect information
- Maintaining donor records and database systems, as well as gathering and sorting related data
- Managing donor acknowledgement and recognition
- Managing annual fund processes, including direct mail campaigns
- Supporting corporate and foundation research, proposal submission, and reporting
- Supporting Development Director with daily operations of the department including donor inquiries and requests, meeting scheduling and preparation, and other duties as assigned
Ideal applicants will be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Experience with patron database systems such as PatronManager, OvationTix, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, and Vendini is a plus. Candidates must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Scheduling is flexible and can be tailored to fit academic and/or performing schedules.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org