About Face Theatre is an award winning theatre company in Chicago founded in 1995 and dedicated to creating exceptional and innovative theatre and educational programming that advances the national dialogue on sexual and gender identity. Our season consists of Equity productions, a Youth Theatre program, and a touring show.
We are currently seeking a dynamic designer and communicator who can join our team to amplify our message through various marketing strategies. A successful candidate will want to help communicate our efforts through vibrant and impactful materials and campaigns that connect with Chicago’s diverse communities, build audiences, and advance conversations about gender and sexuality. This is a part-time contract position, with a flexible schedule.
Position Responsibilities include:
· Working closely with staff to develop a marketing plan that aligns with strategic goals;
· Designing print and online content for the year including a season brochure, production postcards, annual report, development campaigns and special events, weekly e-blasts, social media posts, and other platforms as needed.
· Collaborating with staff and vendors to meet deadlines and complete work within allocated budgets;
· Tracking and sharing the effectiveness of marketing efforts with staff;
· Maintaining electronic files of past marketing collateral;
· Working with public relations to select images, coordinate interviews, and support requests in a timely way;
· Attending company performances and special events as available;
· Being a positive ambassador for the company.
A successful candidate will have:
· Some formal training and at least 1 year of relevant experience in marketing, communications, media, or related fields;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, email marketing, and social media platforms required. Basic understanding of video editing software and HTML preferred.
· Basic understanding of creating and adhering to budgets;
· Creativity as a designer and the confidence to bring new ideas to the table; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Comfort with public interaction; The ability to work collaboratively and independently;
· A commitment to the mission of About Face Theatre.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and sample of past written and design work (campaign materials and/or a portfolio are a plus) with attention to Megan Carney, Artistic Director, at email@example.com. Please use subject line: Graphic Design/Marketing Coordinator Application. No phone calls please. Position begins Summer of 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org