Actors’ Equity Association, the union of professional theater actors and stage managers in the United States, is hiring an Auditions Associate in its Chicago office. Actors’ Equity is a national union affiliated with the AFL-CIO, with 51,000 members-and growing. The Audition Associate role is responsible for overseeing auditions in the Chicagoland and disseminating audition information for the Central Region.
- Schedules and oversees auditions occurring both at Equity’s audition center and other spaces in the Chicagoland area
- Responsible for dissemination of audition information, including providing assistance to areas within the region with
- Schedule monitor staff to work at Chicago-area auditions and train as needed
- Coordinate meeting spaces and plan/co-host events in the Member Center as needed
- Arrange for catering of meetings and special events
- Other duties as may be assigned
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Superior interpersonal and administrative skills required
- Attention to detail and being able to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- BA or equivalent degree required with major or minors in theatre, other performing arts or labor studies a plus
- $17.00/hour per 35-hour workweek
- Excellent individual and family health benefits
- Employer funded defined benefit pension plan
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Applications without these elements will not be considered.
Actors’ Equity Association is committed to creating a diverse& inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in the workplace regardless of age, gender and gender identity, race/ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Apply for Auditions Associate using the link below: