The League of Chicago Theatres is a non-profit membership organization that supports, promotes, and advocates for Chicago’s theatre industry locally, nationally, and internationally. The League serves over 240 theatres in the Chicagoland area.
This is a newly created part-time position reporting to the Marketing Director. The duties listed here are not meant to be exhaustive and the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with similar deadlines, to be flexible, and to be self-starting. While this position reports to the Marketing Director, this person will be required to work across all departments of the League. Successful candidates will have demonstrated excellent communication and time management skills. Employee will be expected to work occasional nights and weekends as assigned.
- Social Media Coordination for ChicagoPlays: Assist Advertising and Marketing Manager to create, schedule, and post relevant social media content for our ChicagoPlays channels.
- Board Liaison: Coordinate, attend, take, and distribute minutes for League board meetings.
- Event Coordination: Assist in the coordination of League events, take RSVPs, event set up and break down, etc.
- Reception: Answer phones and greet visitors to League office.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills via email, phone, and in person
- A self-starter who resourcefully works to achieve goals
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Knowledge of Chicago theatre and a desire to advance the mission of the League
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume with "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line to email@example.com by Friday, September 20. No phone calls please.