The League of Chicago Theatres is a non-profit membership organization that supports, promotes, and advocates for Chicago’s theatre industry locally, nationally, and internationally. The League serves over 240 theatres in the Chicagoland area.
The Advertising and Marketing Manager position is a newly created full-time position with benefits reporting to the Marketing Director. As the manager of the Cooperative Advertising Program, a service offered by the League of Chicago Theatres to our member theatres which enables members to receive discounted affordable advertising options with major media outlets, the Advertising and Marketing Manager will be expected to manage numerous tasks and deadlines and achieve a meticulous level of accuracy in executing these duties. As the manager of multiple events, social media, one part-time employee and one intern, the Advertising and Marketing Manager will be expected to forge and maintain excellent relationships within the community as well as an excellent level of customer service with our members. This position requires a great deal of flexibility and superior time management skills. The Advertising and Marketing Manager will be expected to work occasional nights and weekends.
The duties outlined below are not meant to be exhaustive but are meant to give an idea about specific tasks and projects that will be a part of the day to day duties.
- Coordinate member theatres’ advertising orders, place weekly insertion orders and contracts with media partners, and submit copy/artwork for each advertiser while meeting multiple space, copy, and payment deadlines.
- Answer advertising-related questions and, when requested, advise theatre administrators in how best to utilize their advertising dollars and present recommended plans.
- Facilitate communication between the media outlets and theatres, providing timely updates regarding deadlines, rates, new opportunities, and offers/incentives. Conduct regular outreach to potential advertisers and send newsletters with co-op updates, as well as other marketing news.
- Provide accurate and consistent numbers in all conversations and on all paperwork. Maintain accurate and organized internal co-op advertising records for all theatres and media partners.
- Ensure that the co-op ad products are current and the best value. In collaboration with the Marketing Director, negotiate discounted League co-op rates that theatres are not able to get on their own.
- Work with outside entities to ensure successful League participation in events (festival management, chambers of commerce, market managers).
- Work with League members to ensure member participation in events and promotions (arrange performances, gather marketing materials, etc.).
- Facilitate all needed communication for events between League staff and volunteers, outside entities, and members.
- Schedule staff and volunteers to make sure events are adequately staffed.
- Create signage and engagement activities for events.
- Set up and break down events.
- Hire, train, and supervise one intern and one part-time staff person.
- Manage all Chicago Theatre Week member communication and participation.
- Manage content and create engagement for ChicagoPlays social media accounts.
- A self-starter who resourcefully works to achieve goals and hit deadlines
- A hard worker who can be trusted to independently complete projects
- Strong organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a customer service approach to the work. Ability to communicate effectively by email, on the phone, and in person
- Experience in or familiarity with advertising, marketing plans, and the Chicago media landscape
- A thorough knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Knowledge of the Chicago theatre community and a desire to advance the mission of the League
- Supervisory experience
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume with "Advertising and Marketing Manager" in the subject line to email@example.com by Friday, September 20, 2019. No phone calls please.