Northlight Theatre is a professional LORT D theatre located just north of Chicago with an annual budget of $3.5 million, producing a 5-play mainstage season, the Interplay new play program, a dynamic year-round audience engagement and education program. For more information about the theatre: www.northlight.org.
Overall Description: Northlight Theatre in Skokie, IL seeks a full-time Artistic Programs Manager. This position reports to the Artistic Director and provides support for all artistic programming and the Artistic Director, from season selection to artist relationships to rehearsal needs. A key member of the Artistic staff, this position manages programs including Interplay, dramaturgy, and internships as well as producing artistic content for interdepartmental needs and serving as one of the faces of the Artistic team of the theatre.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in the artistic operations of the theatre as requested by Artistic Director, from play selection to casting to the rehearsal process. Assist in the planning and implementation of each Northlight mainstage season as well as any special projects or outside collaborations.
• Attend first rehearsals, designer run throughs, dress rehearsals, and opening night of all shows and provide artistic or staffing support as requested.
• Lead post-show audience discussions, panel discussions and other audience engagement events or hire and manage others to do so when appropriate and funds are available.
• Curate and manage the Interplay program in conjunction with the Artistic Director, including private and public readings, workshops, and management of available budget while ensuring that all grant requirements are met.
• Serve as the co-chair of Northlight’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Committee and administer the EDI initiatives as approved by Executive leadership
• Work with Advancement and Education Departments on Fundraising and Community Engagement events, acting as the producer for any artistic element as mutually agreed.
• Administer the Educational Internship Program, including scheduling interviews, formally hiring, and coordinating with department supervisors and and Director of Education & Community Engagement for fall, spring/winter, and summer intern terms.
• Administer the Artistic Fellow program, acting as the primary liaison with the Artistic Fellow and managing the relationship in conjunction with the Artistic Director.
• Provide primary administrative support to the Audience Engagement Team, taking an active role in implementing and continuing initiatives to engage audiences in Northlight’s artistic and educational programs and to enhance the audience experience.
• Participate in script evaluation, development, and preparation for plays under consideration and/or programmed at Northlight in conjunction with the Literary Manager as requested.
• Assist in the creation of content for Audience and Study guides in conjunction with Education & Community Engagement Manager.
• Represent the theatre as requested, including public appearances and event attendance.
• Support Artistic Director administratively as needed.
Qualifications: Must have experience in a producing theatre organization or related educational background, with knowledge of and passion for live theatre. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, as well as possessing excellent Internet skills. High degree of autonomy and independent motivation essential, along with collaborative and communication skills, especially diplomacy. Public speaking and writing/editing experience a must. Excellent phone and organizational skills required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Must have a car and a valid driver’s license.
Compensation: Salary range of $30,000 to $33,000 annually, commensurate with experience. This position is full-time year round, and is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off.
How to Apply: Northlight Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including women and minorities. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume with relevant experience and three listed references via email to email@example.com by June 14, 2019. No phone calls please.
Northlight Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving candidates from a broad spectrum of people, including women and minorities. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume with relevant experience and three listed references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14, 2019. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com