MISSION: The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
COMMITMENT: The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager position is responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager during all events at the theatre while delivering the highest caliber of customer service to guests.
Major Areas of Responsibility/Essential Function
• Presents themselves in an upbeat, positive, professional, and friendly manner to all teammates, staff, and guests
• Sets a professional example to staff and guests. Acts with personal integrity in all customer situations
• Ability to work in a high volume, customer service driven environment.
• Ability to handle customer inquiries and complaints
• Listening to guests, repeating back to the guest the issue and then following through with solutions
• Ability to direct and assign tasks to staff during set up, break down, and during all events in the theatre
• Adheres to the theatre’s Food & Beverage policies as outlined in our handbook
• Assists bartenders with ID checks
• Assists bartenders with POS troubleshooting
• Helps to direct flow of patrons to bar locations
• Tracks product inventory during events to and from stockroom
• Assists F&B Manager with close outs of POS system
• Checks that all staff side work has been completed
• Other administrative tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
• Knowledge and experience working as an Assistant Manager within a large Theatre or high volume F&B environment
• Must be receptive to working in inclement weather and extreme temperatures
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekend and Holiday hours
• Work successfully in a fast paced and loud environment
• Able to lift and carry 25 lbs
• Required to stand for long periods of time; ability to bend, lift, and walk up and down stairs
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Strong spirit of optimism and collaboration.
• Basset Certified
• Experience with POS systems
• Experience with leading and directing a team of 20+
Experience: 0-2 years
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.
Please submit a resume and references to email@example.com with the subject line ASSISTANT F&B MANAGER.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org