Auditorium Theatre Auditorium Theatre
The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Assistant House Manager position is responsible for delivering the highest caliber of guest services during all events and functions within the Theatre; they will assist the Front of House Manager in leading the ushers, addressing theatre guests’ concerns, and handling emergency situations.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Deliver the highest caliber of guest services during all events and functions within the theatre.
- Be present for all Theatre events to assist Front of House Manager in proper event prep, breakdown, and guest service operations.
- Coordinate in-gress and e-gress during start of show, intermissions, and post show events.
- In collaboration with Front of House Manager, direct, supervise and mentor Usher and Volunteer staff on a consistent basis.
- Implement other necessary event requirements with the Front of House Manager, ie VIP Functions, Donor Events
- Ensure guest compliance to all event policies; ie camera, COVID-19
- Respond to emergencies and guest related issues/concerns in a timely manner with the Front of House Manager
- Assist Front of House Manager with interviewing, on-boarding, and training of new staff members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience ushering and/or managing front of house operations within a large Theatre environment.
- Supervision of a large diverse PT time staff.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekend and Holiday hours
- Work successfully in a fast paced and loud environment
- Able to lift and carry 20 lbs
- Required to stand for long periods of time and walk up and down steps
- Comfortable with heights
- Excellent verbal skills
- Strong spirit of optimism and collaboration.
- Strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced, high energy, artist environment.
- Active commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA)
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.