MISSION: The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
COMMITMENT: The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Bartender position is responsible for delivering the highest caliber of customer service while serving food and beverages to guests during events within the Theatre.
Major Areas of Responsibility/Essential Function
• Welcome guests to the Theatre in an upbeat, positive, professional, and friendly manner
• Set up and break down assigned bar location
• Make, serve, and sell beverages in a quick and courteous manner.
• Thanking guests after each transaction
• Take inventory of product at bar location at the beginning and end of each event
• Accurately ring in all items sold and taking payment from customers.
• Adhering to the theatre’s Food & Beverage policies as outlined in our handbook
• Checks customer identification when selling alcoholic beverages
• Stocking bar with product needed for each event
• Assisting teammates with set up and breakdown of bar locations, including assigned opening and closing sidework
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Knowledge and experience bartending within a large Theatre or high volume environment
• Must be receptive to working in inclement weather and extreme temperatures
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekend and Holiday hours
• Work successfully in a fast paced and loud environment
• Able to lift and carry 25 lbs
• Required to stand for long periods of time; ability to bend, lift, and walk up and down stairs
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Strong spirit of optimism and collaboration.
• Basset Certified
Experience: 0-2 years
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.
Please submit a resume and references to: email@example.com with subject line: BARTENDER
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org