The ideal candidate possesses experience in theater/concert/event-based marketing and advertising; has extensive knowledge of Chicago media including newspaper, radio, outdoor, TV and digital in Chicago, Chicago proper and suburban areas within 40-miles of Aurora; is familiar with social media platforms including both posting content and advertising; is a strong writer with the ability to write diverse copy including social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and more; is creative and a team player; has developed and managed fully-integrated marketing plans and budgets; has the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and is deadline oriented.
DEPARTMENT – Marketing
DIRECT REPORTING – Marketing Director & Vice President of Sales and Programming
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All departments and outside vendors and agents
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full-time exempt. Monday-Friday, includes some nights and weekend hours, based on projects and events. Minimum 40 hours per week.
COMPENSATION – Annual salary based on experience with excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and personal time.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES – This position works together with the Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Programming and is responsible for creating and implementing theater/concert/event-based fully-integrated marketing campaigns and executing those campaigns. The process includes researching and understanding show/event/department to be marketed and the target audience; collecting and analyzing information on potential marketing/advertising outlets; creating a proposed fully integrated plan that fits with the designated budget; implementation and management of the execution of the plan through completion. Stay abreast of the latest trends in media and advertising. Extensive writing of all marketing forms including social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and more.
· Become intimately familiar with each assigned shows/events and/or department, including the artist background, department’s capabilities and offerings, target audience, etc.
· Create a fully comprehensive marketing campaign, that may include print, digital, radio, TV, outdoor and more, based on the exploratory process to be approved by Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Programming.
· Request proposals and negotiate advertising contracts with media outlets, as well as related vendors.
· Oversee the implementation of the plan from start to completion, including monitoring and adhering to all deadlines and staying within assigned budget.
· Assist in writing creative promotional copy for social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and other promotional needs.
· Work closely and cultivate relationships with media advertising staff, outside vendors and staff from various departments within the ACCA organization.
· Work with Audience Services to prepare reports on effectiveness of all advertising efforts. Analyze data and send summary reports to Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Prog.
· Communicate effectively with designers in regards to designing ads and submitting artwork by specified deadlines.
· Become trained and well-versed on Paramount Theatre, RiverEdge Park and Paramount School of the Arts websites and assist in making updates to any of the sites as needed.
· Constantly expand knowledge of Chicago and suburban media.
· Explore and share new marketing ideas.
· Work and/or attend all 4 Broadway Series Opening Night events, as well as the 4 WGN Dean Richards events. These events take place on weekends.
· As needed, coordinate events for media partners at RiverEdge Park and be onsite as needed day-of. A majority of these events take place on weekends and over the July 4th weekend.
· Assist Marketing Director and VP of Sales on other projects as needed.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement using the online job application. Applications without salary requirements will not be reviewed.
Or mail/drop off too: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Marketing Director, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org