The ideal candidate possesses experience in theater/concert/event-based marketing & advertising; is a strong writer with the ability to write diverse promotional copy including social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and more; has extensive knowledge in all social media platforms including both posting content and advertising; is familiar with Chicago media including newspaper, radio, outdoor, TV and digital in Chicago, Chicago proper and suburban areas within 40-miles of Aurora; is creative and a team player; has developed and managed fully-integrated marketing plans and budgets; has the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and is deadline oriented.
DEPARTMENT – Marketing
DIRECT REPORTING – Marketing Director & Vice President of Sales and Programming
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All departments and outside vendors and agents
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full-time exempt. Monday-Friday, includes some nights and weekend hours, based on projects and events. Minimum 40 hours per week.
COMPENSATION – Annual salary based on experience with excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and personal time.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES – This position works together with the Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Programming and is responsible for creating and executing content for all social media platforms including Paramount Theatre, RiverEdge Park and Paramount School of the Arts; developing theater/concert/event-based fully-integrated marketing plans. The process includes researching and understanding show/event/department to be marketed and the target audience; collecting and analyzing information on potential marketing/advertising outlets; creating a proposed fully integrated campaign that fits with the designated budget. Stay abreast of the latest trends in media and advertising. Extensive writing of all marketing forms including social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and more.
· Write creative promotional copy social media, website, brochure, direct mail, email, radio, and other promotional needs.
· Work with various departments to create social media plans and campaigns.
· Develop creative content for social media to create engaging posts on a daily basis for all social media platforms.
· Schedule social media content on each social media platform and monitor daily.
· Respond to messages and user feedback on each social platform in a professional and timely manner.
· Become intimately familiar with each assigned shows/events and/or department, including the artist background, department’s capabilities and offerings, target audience, etc.
· Create a fully comprehensive marketing campaign based on the exploratory process to be approved by Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Programming.
· Assist with the implementation of marketing campaigns.
· Become trained and well-versed on Paramount Theatre, RiverEdge Park and Paramount School of the Arts websites and assist in making updates to any of the sites as needed.
· Constantly expand knowledge of Chicago and suburban media.
· Explore and share new marketing ideas.
· Work and or attend all 4 Broadway Series Opening Night events, as well as the 4 WGN Dean Richards events. These events take place on weekends.
· As needed, coordinate events for media partners at RiverEdge Park and be onsite as needed day-of. A majority of these events take place on weekends and over the July 4th weekend.
· Assist Marketing Director and VP of Sales/Programming on other projects as needed.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement using the online job application. Applications without salary requirements will not be reviewed.
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Marketing Director, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org