Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a PARKING ATTENDANT. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Parking Manager/Patron Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Management & Security
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally 10-15 hours per week varying dependent on event schedule. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $16 per hour
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Greet and welcome guests in a friendly and courteous manner
· Provide parking instructions/guidance/assistance to guest upon arrival
· Provide guest with directions and other venue information
· Answer questions regarding parking procedures and lot regulations
· Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized
· Direct motorist to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or flashlights as necessary
· Patrol parking areas in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle property thefts
· Collect payment of parking fees and make proper change
· Lift, position, and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas
· Training will be provided
· Perform other job-related duties as required
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Previous experience working in a parking lot setting a plus
· Greet guests in a friendly manner and be professional at all times
· Stay calm under pressure
· Ability to make correct change
· Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
· Position requires prolonged standing, traveling between parking lots, working outdoors in all kinds of weather
· Must be proactive in providing assistance
· Must be able to work in a team environment and interact with multiple departments
· Escort customers as needed to their vehicle in order to ensure their safety
· Must be 16 years of age or older
Please apply online at the link below
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.