Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking SUMMER CREW. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Summer Crew Manager/Patron Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Management
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally 10-15 hours per week varying dependent on event schedule. Weekends, mornings, days and late evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $18 per hour
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Set-up and take-down of folding chairs, tables, perimeter fencing, barricades, ADA platforms, aluminum benching, tents, stanchions, metal detectors, signage, bar equipment and other miscellaneous items
· Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of and adhere to the Paramount Theatre and RiverEdge Park Guidelines and Regulations
· Operate equipment as assigned while adhering to all safety guidelines
· Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Physically strong and able to move large, cumbersome objects
· Be on feet for long periods of time in an outdoor setting in all types of weather
· Adhere to specific equipment instructions, placement and presentation
· Work well in a team environment
· Be available for early morning and late night hours, including weekends
· Be aware and helpful to all other departments as needed
· Lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be 16 years of age or older
Please apply online at the link below
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.