The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking an Education Associate. The organization operates three venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 173-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals, which has amassed over 41,000 series subscribers and has the second-largest musical theatre subscription base in the United States. ACCA proudly celebrated the grand opening of its new Paramount School of the Arts on June 1, 2019 in the John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora.
The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment
DEPARTMENT – Education
DIRECT REPORTING – This position reports to Manager of Education
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Education and Community Engagement Director, Manager and Coordinator
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE –
Hours vary but could be up to 20 hours a week. Hours to be determined and require a flexible schedule to a majority of evenings and weekends.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – Assist the Director in department duties, which may include, but are not limited to:
· Act as the first point of contact for the parents and students interested in classes and activities at Paramount School of the Arts.
· Communicate and collaborate effectively with the Education Manager, other staff, parents, students, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
· Build and maintain relationships with schools, community organizations, volunteers, school personnel, students, caregivers and the Greater Aurora community.
· Effectively and accurately use our online CRM (Customer Response Management) System and produce needed reports in a timely fashion.
· Provide excellent customer service to parents and students of the school.
· Raise awareness of the Paramount School of the Arts through networking, community presentations, and attendance at community functions.
· Handle online and in-person money transactions.
· Monitor children during snack and lunch breaks
· Monitor the hallways, classrooms, and lounges to ensure a safe environment for learning.
· Support and protect the Paramount brand.
· Advocate within the institution for education and engagement activities.
· Follow policies and procedures designed to ensure the safety of children attending any educational activities.
· Ensure that all applicable state and federal guidelines are upheld.
· Perform administrative duties such as database management and creation, general filing, and correspondence.
· Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· Customer Service experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Fluency in Spanish language is preferred, but not required
· Experience in the arts or arts education is preferred, but not required
· Intermediate computer skills
· Outlook Express
· Experience with MS Word and Excel
· Social Media Platforms
· Google G Suite
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application.
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Shannon Cameron), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506