DEPARTMENT – Front of House
DIRECT REPORTING – Front of House Management
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Flexible part-time, hourly; hours vary and require evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours are event dependent.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
· Assist patrons in various areas such as greeting & directing patrons, scanning tickets, and monitoring photo activity inside of the house for the duration of the performance.
· Become proficient with scanner technology and scanner maintenance.
· Assist volunteer ushers if necessary.
· Responsible for timely arrival and attendance at a pre-event meeting.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Handle stressful situations calmly, rationally, and tactfully.
· Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
· Ability to demonstrate unfailing commitment to customer service and respond promptly to customer needs while upholding the organization’s values.
· Experience with or willingness to quickly and adeptly learn the setup and maintenance of a ticket scanner and Front of House equipment.
· Reliable and personable with a welcoming spirit; must be able to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment.
· Experience in working for a not-for-profit theatre and/or entertainment industries.
· Must show respect towards volunteers.
· Must have a flexible schedule: Availability for evenings and weekends during our Broadway Season Shows, including holidays.
· The ability to stand without sitting or leaning for 3-5 hours.
· The ability to lift, push and/or carry objects up to 50 lbs.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application. Or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or mail/drop off too: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Jenna Gagliano, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506