The Beverly Arts Center, located at 2407 W 111th Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60655, is looking for a Director for the stage play “Torch Song” by Harvey Fierstein to be performed in the Wilcanic Studio Theatre at the Beverly Arts Center on August 20-29, 2021. Tech Week will be Sunday, August 15, 2021-Thursday, August 18, 2021. The director is expected to be present on Sunday matinee performances to participate in a talk-back with the audience.
The Director is expected to:
– shape the overall artistic vision of the production.
– schedule and conduct auditions.
– notify actors of whether or not they were cast in the show or work with Stage Manager to do so.
– attend regular production meetings with the Artistic Director, Stage Manager, Set Designer, and other members of the tech crew.
– work with actors to collect and manage costumes for the performance.
– work with tech crew and stage manager to purchase, collect, or create props for the performance.
– block all scenes and transitions.
– work with Marketing to help promote the show by providing their headshot and bio, perform interviews when applicable, and assist with the photocall for the production.
– participate in talkbacks on Sunday matinee performances.
All rehearsals, meetings, and performances will happen at the Beverly Arts Center. The rehearsal schedule is flexible, and the director can create it.
This production is intended for in-person rehearsals and performances; however, should COVID-19 continue to make it unsafe for the audience, staff, and the actors to participate in-person, virtual performances will be considered and/or the production will be canceled. The Beverly Arts Center will follow all guidelines from state and city officials and the CDC when making these decisions.
The Beverly Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Carly Bishop, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled via Zoom. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com