Under broad general supervision, manages all ticketing operations of the Bienen School of Music, including administration of a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ticketing platform, oversight of a large student staff, development of patron services strategies, financial reporting, group sales and cash handling operations.
- Serves as the System Administrator and primary point of contact for a cloud-based ticketing platform. Directs all aspects of ticketing operations for Bienen School of Music events and selected rental events including event set-up, sales, distribution, group sales, settlement and accounting. Facilitates on-site and remote support for ticketing-related IT issues, in coordination with the Bienen School IT staff and PatronTechnology support staff.
- Manages a large staff of year-round, part-time student employees, including hiring, training, supervision, scheduling and evaluation. Develops, presents, evaluates and refines staff training and orientation materials; develops and maintains documentation of training, transition, policy and procedures.
- Develops and implements patron services initiatives, in collaboration with the Director of Concert Management and Marketing Manager, to create opportunities for positive interaction and direct communication with patrons, including but not limited to mailings, courtesy calls, and special events.
- Serves as the point of contact for patrons, rental customers, University departments and outside agencies on all matters related to ticketing, admission, and ticket revenue. Develops standards for delivery and evaluation of excellent levels of service to all patrons. Provides direct support to major rental groups to ensure the ticketing of their events run smoothly and is supported with the same level of professionalism required of Bienen School events.
- Assists with scheduling of facilities including requests from faculty members, Bienen School staff, and students.
- Processes Account Receivables in conjunction with the Business Manager to ensure proper billing controls. Provides back-up support for the Business Manager to ensure continuity of financial operations when needed.
- Develops and administers departmental procedures for cash handling and internal controls in conjunction with the Office of Treasury Operations.
- Works with the Office of Treasury Operations to ensure compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security requirements. Maintains strict security guidelines to ensure that physical and staff resources are safeguarded to prevent a breach of security or the theft of cardholder data. Assists Bienen School IT staff in analysis and rectification of potential PCI problems identified in both third-party system scans and University audits.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to implement promotional offers, provide database management assistance, create sales reports, and participate in publication review.
Performs related duties as required or assigned. Works evenings, weekend or holiday hours as necessary.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to the completion of at least four years of college with concentration in arts administration, business administration or related fields.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience working with an industry-standard CRM ticketing platform at an active performing arts venue.
- Experience leading a large staff of part-time student employees and conducting effective staff training.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Accounting – Understands and interprets financial statements and reports; reconciles financial records.
- Collegiality – Being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Computer Proficiency – Successfully uses multiple programs independently. Software may include Microsoft Office, applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access, email, web browsers, and PeopleSoft.
- Communication-Oral and Written – Communicates effectively one-to-one, in small groups and in public speaking contexts; writes precise, well-organized emails, letters and proposals while using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Customer Focus – Regularly monitors customer satisfaction; provides suggestions to improve quality and value to the customer.
- Efficiency – Effectively performs duties and responsibilities; displays attention to detail; supports organizational policies; anticipates demands/pressures of assignments and adjusts accordingly.
- Mentoring – Trains people for current assignment and develops them for promotion; uses feedback and personal example to encourage higher performance.
- Team Building – Achieves cohesive, positive, mutually supportive team climate; treats subordinates fairly and shares credit; shares information.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working as a ticketing administrator for a performing arts organization.
- Familiarity with PatronTechnology’s “PatronManager” CRM.
- Experience working within a university environment.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of computer and network management.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Visit https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/ and search for "Ticketing Manager" or use Job ID 40630.