Blue Man Group is an award-winning, global entertainment company that has performed in numerous countries and has been seen by more than 35 million people worldwide since 1991. A dynamic combination of music, comedy and technology, the show appeals to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds. It is continually refreshed with new music, new stories, new instruments and new technology. Blue Man Group has permanent theatrical productions in Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, New York and Berlin, and a World Tour.
The Chicago Production of Blue Man Group seeks a Front of House Manager to head the FOH Department and join our local management team as an expert in customer service, crowd management and overall audience experience. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position with benefits to begin immediately.
Duties and responsibilities:
· House Manage a minimum of 8 performances per week.
· Act as day-to-day supervisor to a team of 20+ part-time FOH Staff.
· Post, interview, hire and setup training methodologies for new employees.
· Build monthly and weekly FOH Staff schedules, and coordinate with fellow managers the schedules of shared employees.
· Schedule and approve departmental payroll at least once every two weeks.
· Reporting directly to the Theater Operations Manager, collaborate or assist on any number of operations projects, including planning and co-leading bi-annual rehearsals of our Emergency Action Plan, ensuring equitable employee sharing across departments, and providing periodic leadership for the Cleaning Crew department.
· In coordination with Box Office Management, recruit and schedule volunteer ushers for every performance.
· In coordination with the Group Sales department, prepare for and accommodate large groups, particularly during the busy spring season.
· In coordination with Stage Manager, orchestrate the opening and closing of the house at the start and close of each performance, and troubleshoot any in-show contingencies.
· In coordination with our merchandise vendor, manage the sales, reporting and weekly inventory of all Blue Man Group merchandise sold onsite during performances.
Candidates should have 2 years of relevant management experience, extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, and must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in an ever-shifting work environment. Must be able to work a dynamic schedule, including periodic nights, weekends and periodic early mornings. Must be able to lift 50lbs occasionally and stand for extended periods of time regularly.
To apply for this position, email your résumé, cover letter, and list of three professional references by July 22, 2019 to email@example.com with “Front of House Manager” in the Subject Line.
We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.