Blue Man Group is an award-winning, global entertainment company that has performed in numerous countries and has been seen by more than 35 million people worldwide since 1991. A dynamic combination of music, comedy and technology, the show appeals to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds. It is continually refreshed with new music, new stories, new instruments and new technology. Blue Man Group has permanent theatrical productions in Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, New York and Berlin, and a World Tour.
The Group Sales Manager is the customer service/relations touchstone for the Chicago Group Sales Department. The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for inbound group bookings and contracting as needed. They will be responsible for ensuring prompt and accurate payment is made on all groups as well as assisting the Group Sales Associate in preparing and mailing out tickets during the peak spring season. The Group Sales Manager will ensure Salesforce always has precise information. In association with the Group Sales Associate, the Group Sales Manager will field incoming calls and emails regarding group sales while ensuring communication with the box office with other company departments is prompt and accurate. The Group Sales Manager will maintain consistent and open communication with the Regional Director of Sales including but not limited to a weekly check-in.
· Responsible for organizing and executing an outbound group sales strategy with guidance from the Regional Director of Sales.
· Create budgets for outbound efforts as directed by the RDOS
· Facilitate a weekly group sales meeting with the Group Sales Associate to discuss initiatives and opportunities and to assess and assign duties.
· Execute group sales analysis reports including but not limited to the Group Sales portion of the quarterly wrap reports.
· Attend group sales trade shows as assigned by the Regional Director of Sales
· Attend industry networking events to familiarize with colleagues/key people in the Chicago tourism industry
Candidates should have experience in group sales and guest relations and should be a fun, energetic and self-motivated individual that enjoys a busy and creative work environment. Knowledge of ticketing procedures, Salesforce and/or Ticketmaster preferred.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please
We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.