Deck Crew are responsible for providing coverage for all shows, workshops, rehearsals, and special events as scheduled by the Carpentry and Props Supervisor. Part Time personnel may also be utilized for departmental maintenance or work calls, dependent on interest and abilities. Part-Timers are expected to maintain consistent availability and flexibility with scheduling, as well as perform all show related duties as established by the Deck Full Timer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
– Ensure that Blue Man Group values and artistic vision are understood and supported across the organization;
– Extensive and detail-oriented props preset before the show, prop handling and cue execution throughout performances;
– Maintain open communication with management and associated show staff about any show notes, technical problems or concerns;
– Responsible for maintaining props, equipment, and workspaces as defined by your preset;
– Post show duties as assigned including stage cleaning;
– Participate in daytime work calls as scheduled;
– Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise;
– Responsible for tending to all show notes, as given by the Props and Carpentry Supervisor, Stage Management, and the Production Manager in a timely and efficient manner;
– Execute duties for local Blue Man events as scheduled. These events include, but are not limited to, rehearsals, press events, shows and outside gigs;
– Attend all circle meetings for your scheduled shows;
– Must be willing and available to run more shows than usual during the holiday season (Thanksgiving through New Years) and Matinee Season (March through June);
– Adhere to safety rules and regulations for locality;
– All other work related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Candidate must be self-motivated, innovative and enjoy working in a fast-paced and creative environment;
– Communicating effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Giving specific, timely feedback to manager and others to work together more effectively. Contributing to an enthusiastic, positive work climate; energizing others;
– A member of the Deck Crew is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; see, talk and hear;
– This position requires ascending and descending stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms;
– Theatrical backstage experience preferred;
– Fluent in English, both written and spoken’
– Verification of the right to work in the United States for Blue Man Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization;
– Able to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Blue Man Group Holdings Newco LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
Apply at the link below
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.