Carol Fox and Associates
Marketing, PR, Event Management, Leisure Marketing Agency
Carol Fox and Associates, a Chicago-based public relations and digital marketing agency, is seeking an experienced publicist to join our growing PR team. The candidate must have a background creating and implementing public relations campaigns for arts, entertainment, and lifestyle clients. The company’s environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with a client roster that boasts many of the city’s well-known arts organizations, events and institutions. Some of the agency’s top clients include the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit, FRIENDS Experience, Art on theMART, WNDR Museum, Teatro ZinZanni, 21C Museum Hotel, Fashion Outlets of Chicago and the Rosemont Entertainment District.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years public relations experience and have established relationships with Chicago media, bloggers and social media influencers. Other qualifications include the ability to multi-task and an enthusiastic personality.
· Creating public relations campaigns including strategies, goals, timelines and budgets
· Serving as the liaison with the client and the CF&A team
· Writing press releases, media advisories, public relations plans and activities reports
· Pitching and securing placements and cultivating relationships with local and national journalists
· Planning, executing and staffing media events
· Staffing meetings, photo and video shoots and interviews
· Compiling and presenting project reports to clients
· Overseeing support staff and interns
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Ability to problem solve
· Social media expertise
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· A good work ethic and sense of professionalism
· Knowledge of the visual and performing arts scene in Chicago
· An established relationship with Chicago journalists
· The ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously
· The flexibility to work weekends, early mornings or evening events as required
· A great sense of humor
This is a full-time, salaried position to begin immediately. The salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, optional dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401K savings plan, vacation pay, PTO, and access to some of the top arts and entertainment events in Chicago.
Carol Fox and Associates is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CF&A is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org