Job Posting for Office Manager
Carol Fox and Associates, a 25 person Chicago-based marketing and public relations agency specializing in arts, entertainment and lifestyle clientele, is seeking an experienced Office Manager who will report directly to the President. The successful candidate will have a strong background in accounting with expert knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office as well as experience managing operations of a small business. In addition, candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, have a proven track record of successfully handling many client accounts, and be able to multi-task effectively. This self-starter, problem solver must be a team player who has a high degree of integrity and honesty. The company’s environment is dynamic, with a client roster that boasts many of the city’s best-known attractions and cultural institutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Office Manager is responsible for all day to day financial transactions of the company, and for all physical operations of the company such as IT, computer equipment, copiers, etc., and for working closely with the President, HR Manager and executive team.
• Manage and reconcile all company bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash
• Manage accounts receivable and payable, including collections
• Process bi-weekly payroll, ensuring all benefits and PTO are properly recorded
• Work with independent contractors to obtain W9s: year-end processing and distribution of 1099s
• Record and track client reimbursable expenses for customized client invoicing
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc accounting reports and financial statements for the President and CPA
• Work closely with CPA re: all tax and accounting filings/financial reviews
• Liaise with HR to approve and track all employee benefits and changes
• Maintain PTO records and other personnel files for all employees
• Assist with insurance and 401(k) audits
• Assist with drafting, proofing and tracking client proposals and contract reviews, preparation, and distribution
• Research cost saving measures for office expenses
• Manage and negotiate vendor service contracts, subscriptions, memberships, etc.
• Create new accounting systems and revise established procedures for improved efficiency
• Provide administrative support to President and VPs as needed
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting/operations experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Expert knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft: time clocking software experience a plus
• Very strong organizational skills
• Self-starter and effective problem solver
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to multi-task effortlessly
This is a full-time, salaried position to begin immediately. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include employer-subsidized health insurance, optional dental, STD, LTD; paid PTO and holidays, 401(k) and profit sharing/safe harbor plans and access to many of the best music, dance and theater events in Chicago!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Carolf@carolfoxassociates.com.
Resumes without cover letters will be disregarded.
No phone calls please.
Please send resume and cover letter to Carolf@carolfoxassociates.com
To apply for this job email your details to CAROLF@CAROLFOXASSOCIATES.COM