Carol Fox and Associates is a Chicago-based marketing and public relations agency specializing in arts, entertainment and lifestyle clientele. We are currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to implement traditional and digital marketing plans for a wide array of performing arts, visual art, restaurants and retail establishments as well as provide general support to the marketing department. The company’s environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with a client roster that boasts many of the city’s best-known attractions and cultural institutions. This is a full-time, salaried position.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of marketing and social media experience, the ability to multi-task and an enthusiastic personality. Must be highly organized, eager to learn both traditional and digital marketing, and self-motivated. Google AdWords certification, Facebook advertising certification and/or basic graphic design knowledge is a plus.
· Supporting the creation and execution of ad plans including handling insertion orders, ensuring artwork deadlines are met by designers, submitting artwork to media outlets, reconciling budgets and facilitating payment.
· Writing marketing plans
· Maintaining marketing budgets
· Overseeing clients’ social media presence including creating and implementing content calendars for Facebook and Instagram, monitoring and responding to comments, and generating weekly reports
· Creating and implementing email marketing campaigns
· Conducting grass-roots outreach efforts
· Assisting with sales promotions on discount ticket-selling sites (such as HotTix, Goldstar)
· Assisting with the development of marketing materials, such as writing copy, obtaining approved images, compiling client edits, obtaining printing quotes, overseeing printing and managing distribution efforts
· Editing website content using WordPress
· Interacting with clients on a consistent basis
· Coordinating conference calls
· Preparing agendas and weekly reports
· Pulling bi-weekly ticket sales reports
· Assisting the broader marketing department
· Staffing client events on evenings and weekends, as needed
· High proficiency in Excel
· Superior proofreading skills
· Excellent budgeting skills
· Experience using Facebook and Instagram in a business setting
· Familiarity with email marketing systems (such as MailChimp or Constant Contact)
· Strong eye for detail
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will be disregarded. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com