The Cultural Marketing Director is responsible for providing leadership and strategic oversights for marketing, communication, public relations of the Center for Performing Arts, and marketing strategy for campus cultural/art entities, committed to enriching, educating and entertaining the people of the Chicago Southland and beyond. The Director is responsible for the development, management and execution of marketing, public relations, fundraising, and ticketing strategies that help build audiences and increase both ticket sales and organizational awareness in the community, on campus and with donors/corporate funders. The position works collaboratively with a range of community and campus stakeholders, such as the Executive Director of the Center for Performing Arts (CPA), Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park (NMSP) and Visual Arts Gallery (VAG) Director, and the Center for Community Media (CCM) to achieve select organization’s earned/contributed revenue goals and to promote GSU as a cultural destination within the community.
1) Bachelor’s degree.
2) A total of three (3) years (36 months) in education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position.
3) Demonstrated experience in the area of Cultural Marketing
A Master’s degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1 year) of work experience.
– Master’s Degree
– Supervisory Experience
– Exceptional written skills and oral presentation required with the ability to write for multiple audiences.
– Strong project management skills
– Ability to work independently
– Demonstrated critical skills and decisive judgement
– Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in arts marketing
– Experience with multi-media platforms for building audiences
– Strongly demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills
– Market Research and Statistical Analysis
– Experience with media-buy and public relationship
– Financial Planning
Cover Letter, List of References, Resume, Transcripts