Come and be a part of our transformation! The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s new home and a hub for everything architecture in Chicago. The CAC is a gateway for our docent-led tours, exciting programs and imaginative, new interactive exhibits including the expanded, popular Chicago Model.
The Ticket Sales Associate is responsible for providing knowledgeable answers to customer inquiries on CAC Tours and Programs, selling admissions and tickets for various events, providing support to Call Center and Box Office, and responding to customer comments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell CAC admission, tour and program tickets to customers and members via phone and in person
- Respond to emails sent to general CAC informational email addresses
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Learn about all CAC offerings to ensure knowledgeable answers to CAC guest inquiries
- Master ticketing systems (Tessitura and Ticketmaster) to assist customers and co-workers quickly and efficiently
- Proactively sell memberships, up-sell ticket and retail packages, restaurant gift cards, and more
- Provide troubleshooting for customer issues and ticketing related questions
- Assist with tour check-in
- Support outbound sales and sales research efforts
- Provide support for Tours and Public Programs to monitor ticket inventory, accuracy of print and web information, and other customer information as needed
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined by the Guest Experience Managers
- Keep the Call Center and Box Office areas neat, clean and stocked with collateral
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of working in a call center, box office, concierge desk, admissions or tourism office while providing a high level of customer service
- High level of comfort with technology is required
- Experience utilizing ticketing systems (Ticketmaster or Tessitura) is preferred
- Prompt, courteous, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and consistent customer attitude
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with the public, CAC members, employees, docents, and volunteers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task, good decision-making and communication skills, maintains calmness under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
Please visit https://careers.hireology.com/chicagoarchitecturefoundation/374157/description to apply.