Come and be a part of our transformation! The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s new home and a hub for everything architecture in Chicago. The CAC is a gateway for our docent-led tours, exciting programs and imaginative, new interactive exhibits including the expanded, popular Chicago Model
The Ticket Services Shift Lead proactively represents and sells CAC tours in a professional and courteous manner to all guests both in person and on the phone, providing knowledgeable answers to customer inquiries on CAC tours, programs and events. The Shift Lead resolves customer issues and escalations, and embodies CAC’s Core Values and Guest Service Standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately make cash change and early deposits as needed.
- Open and close the box office and call center as scheduled strictly adhering to established procedures and guidelines.
- Confirm that deposit slips, spreadsheets, envelopes and deposit bags are correctly filled out and discrepancies are reconciled and cleared by accounting.
- Communicate any register shortages or discrepancies to the Guest Experience Manager.
- Monitor box office and call center staff breaks.
- Responsible for selling CAC tour and program tickets to customers and members via phone and in person.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times.
- Responsible for learning about all CAC tours, programs and events to ensure knowledgeable answers to CAC guest inquiries.
- Masters ticketing systems (Tessitura and Ticketmaster) to be able to assist customers and co-workers quickly and efficiently.
- Assist the Guest Experience Manager implement policy, best practices, and training procedures.
- Proactively sells memberships, up-sells ticket and retail packages, restaurant gift cards, and more.
- Provides support answering phones through a high volume call center and assists with the monitoring of call volume.
- Provide troubleshooting for customer issues regarding tours, programs, and ticketing related questions.
- Works with the Guest Experience Manager to help resolve customer service-related issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with tour check-in.
- Help in the identification of improving Ticket Services processes and procedures.
- Provide support for Tours and Public Programs to monitor ticket inventory, accuracy of print and web information, and other customer information as needed.
- Follows all policies and procedures outlined by the Director of Tour Operations.
- Responsible for upkeep of the Call Center and Box Office area (including restocking of brochures, light cleaning, etc.)
- Responds to emails sent to general CAC informational email addresses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Front of House responsibilities – manages own time with event specific timeline, instructs gallery attendant on the evening, ensures that the CAC is secure for evening programs and venue rentals by locking and closing the space. Minor
- AV knowledge will be necessary for the Lecture Hall (i.e. setting up podium mic and PowerPoint presentations on laptop.
- AV technician will be hired if it is more in depth than that.)
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Must be available to work Sundays and Mondays.
- Prompt, courteous, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and consistent customer service demeanor
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task, good decision-making and communication skills, maintains calmness under high pressure
- Ability to work successfully in team environments and positively assist in meeting sales goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with the public, CAC members, employees, docents, and volunteers
- High level of comfort with technology is required
- Minimum of 1 year of working in a call center, box office, concierge desk, admissions or tourism office while providing a high level of customer service
- Experience utilizing ticketing systems (Ticketmaster or Tessitura) is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience preferred
Please visit https://careers.hireology.com/chicagoarchitecturefoundation/374183/description to apply.