Part Time Communications Manager
Do you love building community in Chicago by making the performing arts more accessible?
Founded in 2017, Chicago Arts Access is a NFP that builds community through FREE art. Chicago Arts Access is supported by Sustainers who donate monthly. Sustainers sponsor tickets and transportation to live performances throughout the city. Chicago Arts Access partners community service organizations with theaters and venues, bringing first time patrons to the vibrant arts ecosystem in our city.
As the Chicago Arts Access Communications Manager, you will tell our story through a few channels. You will help establish simple and sustainable communications practices that allow our platform to be utilized by those who need it most. Your work will help shape the trajectory of our work and mission.
We are a dedicated small team who’ve worked in public access arts since 2008.
- Understanding current media and PR strategies and trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to write for different audiences and channels.
- Ability to analyze reports, determine organizational needs, and propose possible solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Working knowledge of and/or passion for the not-for-profit theatre and performance field.
- Experience with web content management (SquareSpace preferred), email marketing (MailChimp preferred), Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Google Analytics and Ads.
- Experience using data to tell a story that can be communicated in an easily digestible and actionable way.
- Experience working in graphic design
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies based on a shared understanding of Chicago Arts Access mission, vision, and values.
- Act as primary creative director and develop content for Chicago Arts Access social media channels and lead its implementation.
- Develop a digital media strategy and work plan, to include social media, web, and email, outlining measurable outcomes as part of an overall communications plan.
- Lead and craft donation materials for individual and corporate donors.
- Manage the organization’s email efforts (currently monthly), including email list building and management, and develop new regular direct email strategies in line with Chicago Arts Access’s future goals.
- Organize, maintain Chicago Arts Access digital assets.
Chicago Arts Access is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. People of color, LGBTQIA+people, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contracted (10 hours a week) at $18-$23/hr based on experience.
Length of initial contract: 16 weeks.
Job Type: Freelance/Contract/Temp
Please email cover letter and resume to Tony Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com