The Education & Community Programs Summer Intern will work closely with the Education and Community Outreach Director to imagine, realize, coordinate, and implement courses, camps, and family experiences at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatre’s home. This is an unpaid internship that is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Overview of Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
• Assist and provide support to Lead Teaching Artists in the classroom as needed (classes range in discipline and include story-telling, filmmaking, theatre arts, dance, and craft)
• Answer parent and perspective student questions
• Prepare and reset classrooms for programming
• Craft proposals for future course offerings and events
• Photograph classes and archive photos
• Create and distribute parent newsletters
• Conduct research projects relating to courses, camps and activities, as assigned by Community Programs Artistic Director
• Maintain list of contacts (artists, potential donors, neighborhood/community partners, etc.)
• Assist with weekday class sign-in and sign-out
• Provide lobby coverage during class times and throughout the day
• Lead and provide support for after school pick-up from nearby schools
• Create and issue parent, teaching artist, and student surveys
June 19 – August 30, 2019
Approximately 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Ideal candidate maintains a consistent schedule
Days/Hours scheduled flexible to intern’s schedule
This is an unpaid internship This is an educational internship, and is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and availability (as indicated above) to Dexter Ellis at email@example.com. Please include “Education Internship” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org