The Education & Teaching Artist Apprentice will work closely with the Director of Education and Community Programs to imagine, realize, coordinate, and implement courses, camps, and family experiences at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatre’s home. This is an unpaid apprenticeship that is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Overview of Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist and provide support to Lead Teaching Artists in the classroom as needed (classes range in discipline and include story-telling, filmmaking, theatre arts, dance, craft, design, & puppet making)
- Answer parent and perspective student questions
- Prepare and reset classrooms for programming
- Craft proposals for future course offerings and events
- Photograph classes and archive photos
- Create and distribute parent newsletters
- Conduct research projects relating to courses, camps and activities
- Jan 2, 2020 – March 31, 2020
- Approximately 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Ideal candidate maintains a consistent schedule
- Days/Hours scheduled flexible to apprentice’s school schedule
- This is an unpaid apprenticeship. This is an educational apprenticeship, and is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- An interest or skill in performance and craft (storytelling, singing, musical performance, film making, painting, drawing, puppetry, etc.)
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- A sincere interest in children’s arts programming and arts education
Please submit cover letter, resume, and availability (as indicated above) to Dexter Ellis at email@example.com. Please include “Education Apprenticeship” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org