Summary of Position
Chicago Children’s Theatre has an immediate opening for a talented, passionate, committed Associate Director of Marketing and Guest Services. This core staff member will be a team member serving the Guest Services and Marketing departments of CCT.
The Associate Director of Marketing and Guest Services position is an early-career opportunity to gain exposure and skill development throughout several aspects of our progressive & visionary non-profit arts organization.
This key member of the Chicago Children’s Theatre marketing and communications team is responsible for the day to day operations of the guest services team, the creation and implementation of marketing plans for Chicago Children’s Theatre Education Programming and primary marketing support for The Red Kite Project. In addition, this position co-manages ad design and trafficking, and works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create meaningful partnerships in the community around the theatre’s programming. Below is the list of normal job duties, but it is not exhaustive.
· Oversee venue and ticketing setup and execution for all events at Chicago Children’s Theatre, including building subscriptions, single tickets, special packages, and group sales.
· Manage all production holds, complimentary tickets, event schedules, and ticket inventory.
· Communicate accurate event information including pricing, scaling, and configurations to other departments as necessary.
· Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Communications, create, implement, and track all promotional offers for promotional partners.
· Manage group sales campaign, inbound and outbound, as well as contracting for school & public shows.
· Work with multiple departments to cultivate existing patron relationships and develop new ones.
· Work closely with Education Department on class and camp registration setup in CRM platform, as well as train Guest Services staff on answering questions and assisting guests with registration for education offerings.
· Work closely with the Access and Inclusion department on Red Kite Project offerings, including ticketing setup and sales, as well as Front of House/meet and greet for guests.
· Ensure compliance with federal ADA regulations for patrons in the theatre
Marketing & Communications
Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications on marketing strategy, calendars and implementation.
Help identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
Analyze questionnaires and other forms of feedback.
Help with managing of CCT social media accounts.
Help update and maintain website changes as necessary.
Request proposals and negotiate advertising contracts with media outlets, as well as related vendors.
Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Communications, assist in the creation of marketing materials such as power point presentations, education flyers, one-pagers, and posters.
• Assist in the creation of a fully comprehensive marketing campaign for CCT’s Education Programming, that may include print, digital, radio, TV, outdoor and more, based on the exploratory process to be approved by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Reports & Data Management
• Ensure smooth daily operations of the Box Office, including accurate daily balancing of sales, working with Finance to resolve any potential financial reporting issues.
• Provide accurate and timely sales reporting while maintaining appropriate confidentiality. Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Communications, monitor events on a regular basis to ensure proper sales tracking and inventory management.
• Distribute financial reports, tracking revenue and demand against expenditures. Oversee production close-outs with Production and Finance.
• Prepare and maintain CCT Box Office cash bank, daily deposits, and cash receipts accurately.
Customer Service & Leadership
• Lead and train Box Office and Front of House staff and ensure proper adherence to procedures, as well as CCT policies and standards.
• Create and maintain monthly Box Office/Front of House schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for all events.
• Execute exceptional customer service and ensure that all customer service issues are handled in a professional, courteous manner.
• Ensure proper and accurate communication of event information to patrons.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with vendors, artists, ticket system representatives, renters, and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, & Activities:
· Superior customer service skills
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Spanish language proficiency (ideal).
· Demonstrated knowledge of financial procedures, including record keeping and reconciliation.
· Basic graphic design skills and Adobe Creative Suite skills (ideal).
· Ability to coordinate and schedule staff.
· Demonstrated knowledge of ticket selling/box office operations.
· Ability to count money, make change.
· A good work ethic.
· An abundant curiosity to learn & a willingness to assist.
· A sense of humor!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of marketing, communications, audience services, and/or box office experience preferred
• Customer Service experience essential
• Group Sales experience preferred
• Experience with Excel spreadsheets strongly preferred
• Experience with computerized ticketing/CRM systems (OvationTix ideally)
• Experience with email marketing (MailChimp ideally)
• Supervisory experience preferred
· Occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs individually), carrying, pushing &/or pulling, climbing & balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching &/or crawling.
· Must be able to work a schedule that includes some weekends and holidays.
Please send a cover letter (emphasizing any previous arts organization &/or non-profit experience), resume, & compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please. The position is immediately available for hire.
Chicago Children’s Theatre is committed to recruiting & fostering a diverse community of staff. Women and traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
Chicago Children’s Theatre is strongly committed to the principle of diversity & providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, age (40 & over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com