Website Chicago Children's Theatre
Chicago Children’s Theatre has an immediate opening for a talented, passionate, committed Guest Services Manager. This core staff member will be a team member serving the Communications and Events department at CCT for all theatrical, educational, and community programming.
This position is an early-to-mid career opportunity to gain exposure and skill development throughout several aspects of our progressive & visionary non-profit arts organization.
This position oversees the team that addresses all patron and customer transactions, concerns, comments, and emergencies. This role manages, mentors, and supports the entire guest services team. Additionally, it has lead responsibility for the sale of school field trips and distribution of free and reduced price tickets to schools, and ensures excellent customer service via email and phone communications.
Below is the list of normal job duties, but it is not exhaustive.
- Manage team of guest service staff alongside the Director of Communications and Events, including recruitment, training, scheduling and performance oversight. Ensure proper and accurate communication of event information to patrons.
- Manage group sales campaigns, inbound and outbound, as well as contracting for school and public shows.
- Manage the creation of all listings for CCT’s theatrical, educational, and community programs on our OvationTix CRS, our website, and any other broadcast channels identified in collaboration with the Director of Communication and Events.
- Manage patron communications, including assisting guests with questions, registration and ticket purchases online, over the phone, and in-person onsite. Execute exceptional customer service and ensure that all customer service issues are handled in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, artists, ticket system representatives, renters, and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- In collaboration with the General Manager and Director of Communications and Events, provide accurate and timely sales reporting while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Monitor events on a regular basis to ensure proper sales tracking and inventory management.
- Lead box office staff in making sure the lobby, theatre, and concessions areas are set up before patrons arrive
- Collaborate with the General Manager to facilitate accurate payroll processing.
- Collaborate with the Director or Education and Access Programs regarding all accessibility requests and accommodations.
- Manage all production holds, complimentary tickets, event schedules, and ticket inventory.
- Collaborate with management to create and maintain guest services policies and standard operating procedures.
- Provide new guest services policy suggestions and improvements as needed.
- Represent Chicago Children’s Theatre at both internal and external events as requested.
- Collaborate with all staff in the furtherance of CCT’s goal of being an anti-racist/anti-bias theatre that works towards Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Collaborate with all relevant departments on outreach efforts within the West Loop and in the Chicagoland area for all theatrical, educational, and community programming
Knowledge, Skills, & Activities:
We are seeking candidates that have a passion for working with children and their families. Candidates with TYA or family event experience and/or arts education experience will be prioritized for this position. The hired candidate will be trained and assisted by staff members at Chicago Children’s Theatre who are experienced with our programs and policies. Other desired skills include but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Spanish language proficiency (preferred, not required)
- The ability to work extended/irregular hours, including nights, weekends and occasional holidays (required)
- The ability to work with a wide range of internal & external personalities in a professional & congenial manner.
- The demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguous and uncertain situations & take positive actions to ensure the best quality operation is delivered daily.
- A good work ethic.
- An abundant curiosity to learn & a willingness to assist.
- A sense of humor!
Position may include occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs individually), carrying, pushing &/or pulling, climbing & balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching &/or crawling. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to accessibility and inclusion for all staff, students, and patrons, and priority will not be given to those with the ability to perform the physical tasks listed.
Please send a link to a video-recorded statement of interest (emphasizing any previous arts education &/or non-profit experience), resume, & compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. The position is immediately available for hire.
Chicago Children’s Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities. AA/EOE
Chicago Children’s Theatre is strongly committed to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CCT is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CCT prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com