Summary of Position
Job Type: 8 – 15 hours weekly, unpaid (some weekend daytime required, with opportunities to work remote)
Start Date: March 15, 2020 | End Date: June 10, 2020
Job Department: Marketing and Communications
Chicago Children’s Theatre is seeking a social media and digital apprentice to support the department of marketing and communications in all website and social media efforts. From handling day-to-day website posting to contributing to the content strategy, creation, and management of the organization’s social media handles, this position will also play a key role in working with partnerships, marketing and tickets to help coordinate and promote organizational initiatives. The apprentice will collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Marketing Assistant, and Guest Services Manager. This is an unpaid apprenticeship that is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Post content to League of Chicago Theatres, and various free event sites
• Create and post content to all of CCT’s social media channels through Hootsuite
• Collaborate with Marketing and Education departments in creating and updating the new CCT social media calendar and website
• Edit or write post-performance releases and other content posts throughout the week.
• Collaborate in social media and digital ad buying to amplify content and support CCT sales priorities.
• Collaborate with Marketing Director to compile analytics and build recaps for all CCT social media and webpages.
• Collaborate with Marketing Assistant in the execution and delivery of CCT’s email campaigns
• Monitor and interact with patrons, fans, and followers on CCT’s social media channels
• Assist in preparation and release of 2020/21 Season Announcements via email campaigns, social media, and publicity
• A college student working towards a degree in theatre, arts management, mass communications, media or marketing
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Availability to attend special events and performances (e.g., Show openings, Happy Hours, BOING! Family Festival)
• Basic – Intermediate understanding of various social media platforms
At CCT we aspire to enrich our community through diverse and significant theatrical and educational programming that engages and inspires the child in all of us. Please submit a short story about a show or theatrical experience that inspired you, along with a resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com