The Education & Community Programs Summer Intern will work closely with the Education and Community Programs Manager to imagine, realize, coordinate, and implement courses, camps, and family experiences at The Station, Chicago Children’s Theatre’s home. This is an unpaid internship that is eligible for college credit with participating institutions.
Overview of Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist and provide support to Lead Teaching Artists in the classroom as needed (classes range in discipline and include story-telling, filmmaking, theatre arts, dance, and craft)
- Prepare and reset classrooms for programming
- Craft proposals for future course offerings and events
- Photograph classes and archive photos
- Create and distribute parent newsletters
- Conduct research projects relating to courses, camps and activities, as assigned by Education and Community Programs Manager
- Assist with weekday class sign-in and sign-out
Skills & Qualifications:
- An interest or skill in performance and craft (storytelling, singing, musical performance, film making, painting, drawing, puppetry, etc.)
- Strong communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- A sincere interest in children’s arts programming and arts education
Apprenticeship runs October – December.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and availability (as indicated above) to Dexter Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Education Apprenticeship” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com