The Donor Relations and Data Coordinator provides tactical support to the Advancement Department through accurate record keeping and gift processing, acknowledgement of gifts, and extraction of donor leads for fundraising efforts (with particular emphasis on individual giving, including direct mail, telefunding, and web/email solicitations). Working with the Advancement Manager, this position helps in extracting, analyzing and interpreting database records to provide key information for strategy development and decision making. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate database systems that enable the department to generate donor leads for all solicitation and engagement efforts.
- Manage all gift entry, data entry and acknowledgements
- Daily gift entry, reporting and reconciliation
- Produce and facilitate acknowledgement for all gifts
- Record all pertinent information regarding donors/gifts in Tessitura
- Update contact information and communication preferences, as needed
- Setup campaign, appeal, fund, designation and source structure in Tessitura database system and track solicitation efforts through accurate coding of promotions and contribution sources.
- Execute departmental segmentation, extraction and list building needs to support targeted fundraising efforts (direct mail, email, and telefunding campaigns, among others).
- Format donor records and data lists to meet requirements of external partners, including mail house and telefunding vendors.
- Work with Advancement Manager to identify system and process improvements as appropriate.
- Work with Advancement Manager to prepare patron data that will inform strategy and donor moves management.
- Manage Advancement Tessitura database manual and training documentation.
- Assist, as needed, with ticketing needs for Advancement contacts.
- Serve as a visible, articulate spokesperson for CST at relevant meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Experience with relational database management systems, particularly Tessitura, is preferred
- Marketing or fundraising experience a plus.
- Experience with ticketing, a plus.
- Data entry and management.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- High level of computer literacy, including:
- Microsoft Excel (sorting, macros, formulas)
- Microsoft Word (business letter formats, mail merge)
- Fundraising database systems; preference given for Tessitura experience.
- Ability to generate data and translate it to non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Interest in performing arts a plus.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and resume to: AdvancementJobs@chicagoshakes.com.
No phone calls, please; candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the theater and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to AdvancementJobs@chicagoshakes.com