The Individual Giving Coordinator supports Chicago Shakespeare’s work to cultivate, steward, and solicit donors, with a large focus on the Theater’s portfolio of lead donors. In addition to supporting the efforts needed to reach the Theater’s general operating needs, this position also coordinates special giving initiatives and the long-term stewardship of contributors to past campaigns.
This position primarily supports the institution’s fundraising efforts and its primary solicitors (the Theater’s Managing Director for Advancement and External Affairs, its Associate Director of Development, and the Theater’s Board of Directors) and is responsible for prospect tracking; research; meeting scheduling; preparing proposals and presentations; executing internal mail campaigns, reporting on fulfilled major gifts, and special event planning.
A successful candidate will be able to prioritize multiple deadline-driven projects, gracefully adapt in high-pressure situations, enjoy a team-oriented approach to their work, and take time to learn about key prospects being cultivated for the Theater’s fundraising initiatives. This is a full-time, salaried position
(40 hours per week).
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUAL GIVING EFFORTS
- Support all solicitation efforts for mid- and major-level donors, planned giving, and special initiatives by:
o Supporting CST’s primary solicitors by tracking and sourcing their cultivation efforts, solicitations, strategies, and follow-up tasks in CST’s donor database, as well as in additional tracking tools.
o Creating call sheets and follow up reminders to prompt completion of action items.
o Developing or coordinating the development of materials in advance of and following-up from donor visits, including: presentations, proposals, letters and other correspondence.
o Preparing prospecting tools, research, progress reports, and other updates.
o Customizing acknowledgment letters and creating stewardship reports, as needed.
o Coordinate proper recognition of donors inside all CST program books and coordinate donor signage fabrication for named spaces, donor walls, and seats.
- Coordinate a portfolio of events, including opening night dinners and celebrations, major gift fulfillment events, and collaborations with key external partners.
- Provide swing support for the VIP Concierge and Stewardship Coordinator to assist with VIP ticketing, interval service, and guest attendance alerts.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic representative at performances and events.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Database experience (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
- Marketing or fundraising experience a plus.
- Interest in relationship-based fundraising.
- Interest in performing arts a plus.
- High level of computer literacy, including:
o Microsoft Excel
o Microsoft Word (business letter formats, mail merge)
o Adobe InDesign/Photoshop preferred (for designing proposals and presentations)
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while having the ability to shift work seamlessly when priorities change.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confidence to interface with lead donors.
- Ability to plan and execute both intimate and large events.
- Ability to gather and summarize reports for leadership staff or trustees.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to track and coordinate all aspects that best serve the needs of a project.
- Ability to communicate across departments and with Theater leadership.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
Salary is competitive within the non-profit performing arts industry and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b, paid time off, life insurance, and commuter spending plan.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and resume to: AdvancementJobs@chicagoshakes.com. No phone calls, please; candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the theater and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.