Website Chicago Shakespeare Theater
The Wardrobe Crew is a member of the CST run crew and will be responsible for all aspects of costumes during rehearsals and performances of CST’s production of Illinoise this winter. Dates of employment will be January 20th, 2024 through February 18th, 2024. This position will also have the opportunity to work in a fully equipped shop alongside the other members of the Costume department and will assist in the maintenance and upkeep of show specific items throughout the run. The Wardrobe Crew will coordinate with the other members of the wardrobe team to provide a safe, clean, and efficient work environment for all performers and crew both backstage and onstage.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Costume Presets on and off stage
- Manage costume changes throughout performances
- Execute quick changes with accuracy and consistency
- Tracking costume pieces to necessary locations throughout the performance
- Uphold the design and quality of the costumes through daily maintenance and repairs including but not limited to hand sewing, machine sewing, serging, painting shoes, repairing jewelry
- Nightly laundry duties which include ironing, steaming and distributing the costumes
- Weekly bagging and re-distribution of dry cleaning
- Contribute to a safe and professional work environment in the dressing room and backstage spaces.
- Drives IDEA to Action platform by engaging in committees, events, training and other initiatives as needed.
- Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos.
- Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Attend and run understudy track for put in rehearsals
- Assisting with events where costumes are needed (touch tour, TV appearances, etc.)
- Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills specifically when working with the Supervisor, Performers, other Run of Show
- Staff, and an array of production personnel
- Proficient costume maintenance and laundry skills.
- Basic hand and machine sewing skills: Home, Commercial, Serger
- Work hours will be variable depending on the phase of the project but will primarily be in the evenings.
- Overtime hours will be necessary.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be necessary.
- The Wardrobe Crew is expected to attend all rehearsals and performances for which they are called. Any schedule adjustments that will require the Wardrobe Crew to miss a rehearsal or performance must be pre-approved by the Wardrobe Supervisor.
- Worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL but will at times work in other locations such as the CST Warehouse, City Parks and other off-site performance venues.
- Will regularly be required to wear PPE during work activities.
- Perform a variety of physical tasks including but not limited to reaching, lifting, bending, and walking swiftly.
- Standing for extended durations.
- Use of manual dexterity in the operation of standard sewing tools and accessories.
- Working in small dimly lit spaces.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year or more experience working in a professional wardrobe environment
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which means 14 days has passed since obtaining 2 doses of a primary series with Pfizer, Moderna, or Novavax or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Proof of vaccination must be provided before beginning work with Chicago Shakespeare Theater or a request for a qualifying exemption must be submitted and approved prior to beginning work.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CST is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all our hiring for staff and artists,. We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CST prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=98014&clientkey=4621FBE113149577F5420D7C0E70621D
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.