Chicago Shakespeare Theater is adding to our team of outstanding Front of House Associates. We have an exciting opportunity for cheerful, charismatic and caring people to welcome patrons attending a dynamic season across three venues. CST is a world class organization both on and off stage, cultivating excellence in every department on every level. Our core values are Service, Ingenuity, and Collaboration. Our excellent service is realized largely through our Front of House team.
Front of House Associates will cross train on ushering, greeting, ticket scanning, beverage and concessions sales, and event support.
- Greeting patrons in various locations at the theater.
- Answering common patron questions about the theater or the show.
- Assisting patrons finding their seats in any of our venues.
- Collaborating with House Managers, reporting safety or facilities issues or patron concerns.
- Set-up and breakdown of remote bars, serving beverages and concessions.
- Occasional work with events team.
- Ensuring patron safety in the event of emergency in accordance with company procedure.
- Cheerful attitude and evident willingness to serve and engage with theater patrons.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience in customer service roles preferred.
- A minimum availability of 25 hours per week.
Front of House Associates are paid hourly and work hours depend on their availability and the Theater’s schedule.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
A global theatrical force, Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST), is known for vibrant productions that reflect Shakespeare’s genius for storytelling, language and empathy for the human condition. CST has evolved into a dynamic company, producing award-winning plays at our home on Navy Pier, throughout Chicago’s schools and neighborhoods, and on stages around the world.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Please send letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.