Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks Spotlight Operator for our up-coming production of the new musical, Six. Previous experience operating a spot light for a musical production is a plus. CST is a world-class theater company producing work of the highest quality, due, in large part, to a strong team philosophy. Spot ops work under the supervision of CST’s Lighting Supervisor.
Job responsibilities include:
- Learn, rehearse, and run spotlight for production
- Work with lighting team to troubleshoot electrical problems and help maintain lighting equipment.
- Maintain lighting equipment to CST’s safety and performance standards
- Assist with daily preshow and post-show responsibilities for the production.
- Maintain high safety standards
Position is paid hourly. Spot operators are required at tech/previews May 9th through May 21st and commit to an 8-performance per week schedule through closing on June 30, 2019 (with possible extension to August 4th). Performances are in the evenings Tuesday-Sunday with weekend matinees.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to email@example.com. Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater. Please no calls.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org