TITLE: Donor Engagement Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, the Donor Engagement Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director, Development Office leadership, volunteer leadership and volunteers, and staff across the CSOA to ensure a consistent and proactive approach to engagement and recognition for all CSOA donor constituencies. This role serves as the principal staff liaison for the Overture Council, the CSOA’s young professional group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage day to day planning and implementation of the Overture Council volunteer group, via its Executive, Activities, Audience Outreach, Communications, Membership and Social Media Committees.
2. Manage day to day planning and implementation of Soundpost, the Overture Council’s signature audience development event, in collaboration with event chairs and partnering with the Marketing department.
3. Coordinate day to day planning and implementation of donor engagement strategies and events for the Governing Members via its Member Engagement committee.
4. Create and manage program budgets, for the above mentioned.
5. Manage essential stewardship and donor recognition functions such as donor listings and signage in both print and environmental arenas, including festival, special occasion and off-site concert sponsors. Communicate with gift officers regarding donor recognition approval process.
6. Enter and maintain the integrity of donor recognition data within Artsvision.
7. Liaise with Program Book and Marketing staff to ensure accurate donor recognition in the concert program book and all marketing and advertising vehicles.
8. Maintain donor listings within the CMS on the Rotunda Donor wall.
9. Send monthly birthday cards and annual holiday greetings from the development department, including any specialized cards required throughout the season.
10.Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Development and the Director of Donor Engagement.
1. Reports to the Director of Donor Engagement.
2. Other contacts: Trustees, Donors, Volunteers, Orchestra members, and Staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. A love and appreciation of music.
3. Minimum four years of proven experience in relationship management with volunteers and donors, donor stewardship, event planning, and budget management.
4. Strong communication and organizational skills with proficiency in attention to detail and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
5. Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with volunteers and donors.
6. Must be able to handle confidential materials with discretion.
7. Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office, database and spreadsheet proficiency.
Pleasant office environment.
Hours include evenings and weekends with some travel to off-site venues within the Chicago metro area.
To apply for full-time, part-time or seasonal positions with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association:
Please email your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word attachments only) to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Please send your cover letter and resume to 312-294-3838.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org