Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
TITLE: Donor Engagement Manager Revised: 10-12-21
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, the Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for producing donor events and working collaboratively with the Director, Development Office leadership, staff and musicians across the CSOA to ensure a creative, consistent and proactive approach to donor events, engagement, and stewardship.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and produce engagement strategies for donors to connect to the broader CSOA community. Develop and manage a high level of unique and creative content for donor events and experiences including the Salon Series, President’s Dinner, and Maestro’s Dinner. Engage key staff members and musicians in content research and implementation.
2. Design and implement stewardship strategies for donors whose cumulative giving exceeds $1M including the event production of the bi-annual Lifetime Donor Dinner among other experiences.
3. In partnership with department gift officers, collaborate, manage, and implement projects that proactively steward donor relationships as part of the CSOA’s moves management process. Develop strategy for recognition and stewardship activities for specific constituent groups such as the Theodore Thomas Society and Western Suburb Ambassadors among others.
4. Create and manage department video projects, including content creation, internal resources, vendors and staff teams. Be point person for department technology needs as related to donor and fundraising events.
5. Collaborate in the planning of donor and sponsor events during CSO international and national Patrons’ Tours as well as the planning of sponsor activities and events for non-Patrons’ Tours.
6. Manage content and stewardship methods and functionality of The Helen and Richard Thomas Donor Gallery located in the Rotunda. Tasks include but not limited to reviewing and updating online content, photos and videos; managing donor listings with the Donor Engagement Coordinator and handling technology support.
7. Work with Marketing colleagues on providing planning support for audience development events.
8. Other duties as assigned by Director or Vice President of Development.
1. Reports to the Director of Donor Engagement
2. Works closely with Major Gift Officers, Donor Engagement team, and other CSOA colleagues.
3. Other contacts: Trustees, Donors, Orchestra members and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum four years of donor stewardship and event production experience.
3. Experience in video creation and use of technology.
4. Strong communication and organizational skills with proficiency in attention to detail when working with internal and external constituents.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organiztion as well as external stakeholders.
6. Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with donors, volunteers and vendors.
7. Strong computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor databases.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
Pleasant office environment. Hours include evenings and weekends with some travel to off-site venues within the Chicago metro area.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@CSO.ORG
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com