Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Provides benefits, recruitment, administrative, and Human Resources information systems support to the Human Resources department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reconciles and pays all benefit plan and other Human Resources-related invoices, including health, dental, COBRA, life, disability, workers compensation, transit, background check and legal, and consulting.
2. Conducts new hire and benefits orientation for administrative staff and orchestra members; completes and enters all new hire paperwork. Tracks and facilitates midyear benefits and status changes. Facilitates and completes exit paperwork for separating employees.
3. Administers flexible spending program.
4. Administers transit and parking benefit program; researches, proposes, and implements new programs to enhance customer service.
5. Investigates and resolves employee benefit-related issues.
6. Facilitates recruitment and selection process to include: posting, resume review (and applicant acknowledgments), recruiting, background and credit checks, reference checks, conducts interviewing, and provides candidate recommendation.
7. Updates and maintains all Human Resources databases. Writes and runs HR related-reports from the Payroll system (ADP) to include monthly head-count and quarterly time-off reports.
8. Creates HR budget forecasts, inputs and monitors budgets using budgeting software.
9. Facilitates workers compensation and unemployment compensation claim processes.
10. Responsible for pension set-up and maintenance to include compiling retiree information and completing paperwork; completes annual valuation reporting.
11. Completes compensation and benefits surveys.
12. Updates and maintains Human Resources-related components of the CSOA’s intranet.
13. Tracks and reports EEO statistics.
14. Responsible for filing and file maintenance of all active, terminated, and benefits files.
15. Performs clerical activities for the Human Resources department, to include mail sorting and routing, reception, telephone screening and routing.
16. Provides employment and mortgage verification for employees.
17. Performs typing assignments and other special projects.
18. Schedules and coordinates meetings and other special events.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
1. Reports to Director of Human Resources.
2. Other contacts include: administrative staff and union employees, Members of the CSO, Civic orchestra members, chorus members, retirees, vendors, consultants, and job applicants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Relevant Human Resources department experience.
3. Excellent computer skills to include Word, Excel, and database management.
Pleasant office environment.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary expectations to HR@CSO.ORG
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com