Website Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
TITLE: Institute Programs Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Negaunee Music Institute
Across Chicago and around the world, the Negaunee Music Institute connects people to the extraordinary musical resources of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. The Programs Assistant provides essential administrative support to the Director of the Institute, serves as Secretary to the Institute Board, participates in donor stewardship, and helps organize various aspects of the Institute’s educational and community engagement programming.
Learn more about the Negaunee Music Institute at cso.org/institute.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or
ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
1. Provide administrative support to the Director of the Negaunee Music Institute, including but not limited to scheduling of meetings, copywriting and copy editing, tracking of expenses and preparation of presentation materials.
2. Serve as Secretary to the Institute Board and its sub-committees. Coordinate and attend all meetings, prepare meeting materials, take meeting minutes, send reminders and organize donor stewardship activities. Assist with preparation of programming updates to the board and other donors.
3. Act as a liaison between the Institute staff team and other departments of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association (CSOA), especially Marketing, Public Relations and Development. With a comprehensive knowledge of Institute programs, work collaboratively with Institute staff colleagues and cross-departmentally to ensure proper visibility and understanding of Institute events.
4. Assist with operations and artist hospitality for various Institute programs, including booking of flights, lodging and ground transportation, preparation of itineraries, coordination of pre-concert activities and guest conductor support.
5. Coordinate annual auditions for the Percussion Scholarship Program (PSP) as well as event setups for PSP recitals and the annual Family Day.
6. Monitor and coordinate updates to Institute webpages. Write copy and select photos for cso.org, Facebook and Instagram.
7. Prepare and submit paperwork for payment of invoices and contracts. Track program budgets.
8. Participate in select cross-departmental staff meetings, including the NMI/Marketing Bi-Monthly, Ticket Inventory Group and Production Meetings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
· Reports to Director of Education and The Negaunee Music Institute.
· Other contacts include CSOA staff, Institute Board and Committee members, CSO Trustees, CSO and Civic Orchestra musicians, CSOA volunteers, school and community partner contacts and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree and/or formal training in music required.
· At least two years of experience working in an administrative role for a non-profit arts organization preferred.
· Superior communication skills (written and verbal) required. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required.
· Strong aesthetic sensibility and experience in design preferred.
· Passion for symphony orchestras and belief that music education can transform lives.
· Good sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast-faced, high expectations environment.
· Availability to occasionally work nights and weekends required.
· Proven proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Power Point.
Pleasant office environment.
Please send cover letter with salary expectations, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com