Website Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
TITLE: Manager of Grants and Institutional Giving
The Manager of Grants and Institutional Giving supports the fundraising goals of the corporate, foundation, and government division of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association’s (CSOA) Development Office through a combination of writing, project management, and administrative duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Write foundation and government grant proposals and final reports, in support of both annual and special project funding campaigns.
2. Coordinate and execute corporate fundraising campaigns, including managing the processes for undesignated support (Corporate Annual Fund), program grants, and major event sponsorships.
3. Coordinate with Director of Foundation/Government Relations as needed for information/data gathering and proposal/report compilation and submission.
4. Assist the Director of Corporate Development in managing major sponsorships. Duties include prospect research, progress tracking, impact reporting, sponsor activation support, and managing sponsor recognition, benefits, and hospitality.
5. Gather information from other CSOA departments for inclusion in proposals/reports.
6. Compose donor stewardship letters and reports.
7. Liaise with prospect research specialist in support of foundation and corporate fundraising goals.
8. Other duties as assigned.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
1. Reports to the Director of Foundation and Government Relations.
2. Other contacts include Director of Corporate Development, staff, donors, and, on a limited basis, volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree; desired major/minor in music field with strong knowledge of classical music.
2. Minimum 3 years of grant writing and annual fund experience.
3. Ability to work collaboratively across departments to support preparation and implementation of grant proposals.
4. Able to meet multiple deadlines with accuracy.
5. Strong attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes.
6. Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with donors and patrons.
7. Strong computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and donor databases. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
Pleasant office environment. Some travel to off-site program locations and night and/or weekends required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Send cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com