TITLE: Accounts Payable Assistant – Part Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Process CSO purchase orders and invoices, including Symphony Store and CSO League, and payment check disbursements. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations. Maintain paid bill files and tax form files.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Accounts Payable
1. Enter in Account Payable batches into Great Plains.
2. Prepare, print, and distribute AP checks and other related reports.
3. Manage the Applause dining account.
4. Route incoming mail.
5. Scan and maintain tax form files.
6. Maintain Accounts Payables Files. Box old and set up new files for each fiscal year.
7. Review Vendor Statements to ensure there are no open invoices. Research open invoices and if need be call vendor for a copy and send to the approving party.
8. Prepare Postage and Business Reply Journal Entries.
9. Manage some prepaid reconciliations.
10. Prepare the VP T&E Summaries at the end of the fiscal year.
11. Prepare the Conflict of Interest report for the Audit Committee.
12. Assist internal and external customers in resolving inquiries.
13. Assist Accounts Payable Manager with the review of Accounts Payable, training of Interns, Tax Reporting and other projects.
Assist the department as needed and other duties as assigned. Overtime maybe required, as needed, to accomplish established deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. 1-2 years Accounts payable experience a plus.
2. Accurate data entry skills required.
3. Excellent organization, time management, customer service and communication skills.
4. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel preferred.
5. Familiarity with Great Plains software a plus.
1. Reports to Accounts Payable Manager.
2. Other contacts include: Assistant Controller – Accounting Operations, Finance Department staff, auditors, vendors, and all levels of administrative and orchestra personnel.
Pleasant office environment.
To apply for full-time, part-time or seasonal positions with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary history (PDF or Word attachments only) to email@example.com.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
Human Resources Department
220 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to 312-294-3838.
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org