Home to Chicago's only professional youth Shakespeare company!
The Chicago Youth Shakespeare Ensemble (CYSE) – the city’s only professional youth Shakespeare company is now accepting applications for youth artists (ages 14-19) to work behind the scenes and in collaboration with our company of actors on the CYSE’s 2023 production of Romeo and Juliet.
Youth artists from the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- MUSIC / COMPOSITION / SONGWRITING
- POETRY & SPOKEN-WORD
- VISUAL & DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS
- DANCE & CHOREOGRAPHY
- FILMMAKING & PHOTOGRAPHY
- PRODUCTION DESIGN (costume, set, lighting, or sound design)
Applications are due by November 1, 2022 by 11:59pm (CST)
– First Rehearsal: Tuesday, January 2, 2023
– Weeknights, M-Th 6-9pm*
– Sundays, 1-5pm (Full Company)*
– Opening: February 17, 2023 at The Hoover-Leppen Theatre, Center on Halsted
– Additional performance dates: February 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, and 26; plus up to three local touring dates between February 27 and March 10, 2023 (TBA)
*NOTE: Youth artists working behind the scenes will be expected to attend most Full Company rehearsals on Sundays, but will not be called for more than 3 weeknight rehearsals per week between January 2 and February 10. Times and days are subject to change for rehearsals.
Please visit https://www.chicagoyouthshakespeare.org/caapplications.html to view the application and upload work samples.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY Tuesday, November 1 at 11:59pm (CST)
If you have questions, or experience technical difficulties formatting your submission as requested, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.chicagoyouthshakespeare.org.