Managing Director Job Description
The Managing Director is responsible for achieving the business and financial objectives of Citadel Theatre, including revenue generation through marketing, sales and fundraising activities. The position reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
Marketing & Sales
– Developing and implementing the overall Citadel Theatre Brand strategy.
– Developing and implementing the marketing strategy for new and existing programs including but not limited to the mainstage season, theatre for young audiences and the education program.
– Overseeing the implementation of the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
– Working closely with the Citadel team and other marketing/sales third parties and volunteers; enabling them to meet their sales objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
– Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented correctly.
– Working closely with Citadel’s marketing team to define marketing materials and programs.
– Managing social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
– Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organization.
– Undertaking continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
– Using data analysis to guide marketing decisions, measure results and adjust/improve plans.
– Reporting strategies and results to internal team and Board of Directors in a timely manner.
Fundraising & Development
– Developing and executing Citadel Theatre’s annual fundraising plan
– Securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
– Managing the implementation of Citadel’s CRM software, Easyware, and overseeing staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
– Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
– Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
– Overseeing organization of special events
– Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
– Collaborating with the Artistic Director to provide management and general oversight for the Citadel team including staff and contractors.
– Developing and managing volunteers and interns to assist in marketing, sales and fundraising.
– The successful candidate will have experience in marketing and sales with additional experience in non-profit fundraising preferred. Theatre background a plus. Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
Submit cover letter and cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com