Website collaboraction Collaboraction
Powerful Stories. Crucial Conversations. Transforming Chicago.
Collaboraction is a 26-year-old non-profit arts organization located in Chicago that creates original theatre and digital media that inspire change around Chicago’s critical social issues. Examples of such work include Emmy-award winning The Lost Story of Emmett Till: Trial in the Delta, Moonset Sunrise, Crime Scene: a Chicago Anthology, A Blue Island In the Red Sea, The Light youth ensemble, and the annual Peacebook Festival.
Collaboraction is seeking a Social Media/DigitalContent Creator to help us create original and engaging content for our social media accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for researching and turning content ideas into videos, images, infographics, and text captions. You will also help create and execute a content calendar, at a particularly exciting time for the company. A deep interest in social justice and current social media trends is required to be successful in this role. This is a three-month 1099 opportunity. After three months there will be an opportunity to explore an additional contract. The position is mostly virtual, except for specific live events, and will be paid $18/hr with an estimated 40 hours per month (but paid on actual hours worked).
Reports To: Development and Marketing Manager and Artistic Director
– Create various forms of social media content—text captions, videos, and images—suitable for the various social media platforms, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
– Publish posts according to the established social media content calendar
– Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that every piece of content is relevant and helps the company maximize engagement, reach, and sales
– Ensure every piece of content you create aligns with our brand voice
– Deep knowledge of EDIA and social media trends, hashtags, and engagement strategy
– Ability to work with creative tools and pull from both pre-existing content from past programming and create new content for upcoming programming
– Proven experience in creating engaging content on different social media platforms—TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
– Ability to turn a concept into compelling content
– Ability to incorporate our brand voice and identity in digital content
– Extensive knowledge of the popular social media platform
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com