Website College of Lake County
Theatre Program Production Supervisor
Internal Position Title: Theatre Program Production Supervisor
Posting Number: S02579
Position Type: Staff
Job Family: Specialist
The College of Lake County is excited to hire its next Theatre Program Production Supervisor! The candidate will supervise all work in the scenery shop and maintain safe working conditions in all shops, theatres and support spaces. This position will assist the Technical Director in supervising students and student workers in the technical aspects of mounting 5 productions per year. Additionally, this position will design lighting and/or sound for department productions, or mentor student designers in those areas. This is a full-time staff position working a 40 hour week, with flexible hours depending on the needs of the Theatre Department.
The College of Lake County (CLC) offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid holidays each year.
In 2023, CLC became a Leader College meaning we are comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
We not only include Diversity in our values, but we demonstrate it in our hiring of Staff and Faculty. CLC has earned national recognition by Achieving the Dream as a Leader College based on our intentional work to improve key student milestones that correlate to student completion.The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
• Demonstrated experience and skills in theatre technical direction, carpentry, lighting and sound.
• Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Posting Date: 02/07/2024
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Interviews will immediately and continue until the position is filled.If you have a design portfolio that can be accessed digitally, please feel free to include the link in your application materials.
Pay Rate: $54,246 annual (This salary is firm)
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Total Hours Per Week: 40.00
A minimum of 40 hours per week. Work schedule varies based on student class meeting and productions that includes evenings and weekends.
Software Testing Required: None
Interview Process Requirements: None
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
Project Leadership (55%)
• Facilitate the building and construction of the scenic requirements for productions as specified by the Faculty or Guest Scenic Designer, with oversight of the department Chair.
• Organize and run the technical rehearsals for each production.
• Design the lighting and/or sound for each production or mentor student designers in those areas.
• Train students on the safe operation of all shop, rigging, lighting and sound equipment.
• Organize all work in the scene shop.
Management and Supervision (20%)
• Train students how to use equipment safely.
• Maintain a safe working environment in all shops and theatres.
• Supervise the student workers in the assembling and dismantling of the set, props and lighting.
• Complete all paperwork for the hiring, payroll, and termination for all Theatre Student Workers.
• Attend all CLC Theatre productions to ensure that all technical aspects are working safely and correctly.
Department Operations and Procedures (15%)
• Organize and maintain all storage areas.
• Maintain or facilitate repair of all scene shop and costume shop equipment.
• Work with the Performing Arts Center’s Technical Coordinator in maintaining the theatres and support spaces.
• Receive and inventory all equipment and supplies.
• Assist the department Chair in making all equipment, materials and supply purchases; help ensure that all receipts and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion.
• Assist the department Chair in making recommendations for equipment/facility upgrades.
• Coordinate with the department Chair and faculty to ensure that all rehearsal and performance spaces are reserved and appropriately arranged for the needs of the production.
• Collaborate with other Theatre faculty and staff to choose which plays to produce each season.
• Depending on need, the employee may be asked to design the scenery for some of the productions, as assigned by the department Chair.
• Other duties as assigned.
Visit the link below.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.