The JLC Backstage Technician is primarily responsible for performing designated tasks assigned by the JLC Technical Coordinator or assigned supervisor when preparing for, working during and/or striking after a performance in the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Some type of backstage experience in theater, music or dance.
3. Ability to squat, bend and lift 50+ lbs. frequently.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience in backstage support of professional performance events.
2. Flexibility in scheduling.
3. Daytime availability
4. Experience and knowledge in using basic tools such as c-wrenches, socket wrenches and power drills.
-This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
-Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Please visit this link to apply with your resume and cover letter: http://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/15280